What do you need when spending a day at a Disney World theme park?
Be Prepared & Enjoy the Day Dilemma Free
All you need to survive a day at Disney is some pocket money and you’re good to go, right? Well, I don’t know about you, but I visit Disney to have fun, not to just survive. While some pocket money can get you just about anything you might need during the day, wouldn’t you rather stand in line for Pirates of the Caribbean than standing in line for a band aid? Planning a little bit ahead can make a Disney World of a difference. Spend your time at Disney like a pro – Pack for maximal comfort with minimal effort!
It’s surprising how a minor mishap can cause major discomfort. Here is a list of some rather simple and ordinary items that can save the day:
- Hair clip – A very small item you’ll appreciate greatly when your hair is soaked from rain, a flume ride, or sheer perspiration from the hot Florida sun. It’s also useful for other things like clipping your necklace to your collar before you embark on a wild ride. It could take some time for a precious item to make it to lost & found from the bottom of a roller coaster.
- Rubber band – A small universal tool second only to duct tape. Coupled with some imagination, it can replace or fix a range of items. It will help you “keep it together” in some of the most unexpected predicaments.
- Safety pin – Your #1 protection against wardrobe malfunction! It’s already part of every woman’s survival kit (aka purse), but carrying a purse is not the best way to experience a theme park. This little item doesn’t even require a pocket!
- Lightweight Rain Poncho – It packs compact and can be purchased ahead of time (if you wish to save money) or when you first enter the park. You want to avoid standing in line in the rain. It also makes for great flume ride wear if you wish to avoid getting drenched at the splashy final.
- Fanny Pack – So out of style, yet so useful! It’s the perfect extra “pocket” when you can’t bring a bag on a ride.
- Sun block – Many stores sell mini applicators that clip on to your belt loop. Avoid getting sun burnt on your first day vacationing in Orlando. You don’t want to spend the rest of your time in discomfort, and you definitely want to avoid getting the mockingly red tourist “tan”.
- Hand Sanitizer -Because germs – yuck! Also comes in small clip-on applicators. You don’t want to hunt down a restroom location to just wash your hands.
- Portable Phone Charger – So worth the money! It’s easy to get separated in large crowds, and rather difficult to find friends and family with a dead phone.
- Granola Bars – Kids have a knack for getting hungry on their own schedule.
- Tissue – Carry a few. They don’t take up much room.
- Band Aids – Because you never know when an accident might happen. A band aid is also the best remedy against shoe chafing.
There – don’t you feel better equipped to have a fabulous time park hopping in sunny Orlando? All you need now is a gorgeous vacation home near the theme parks, and you know who to call! Book a luxury home for your family and enjoy a private swimming pool, fully equipped kitchen, privacy and multiple entertainment systems. Turn your entire vacation into a pleasant experience!
Visit our Orlando Area Guide for more tips and useful information.
Be even more prepared by checking out these awesome Disney deals!
We are part of the Walt Disney World Ticket Network. Contact us for more information.